Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Start of a Scottie Collection

This past weekend, I was at a Art Fair and found an artist with cute Dog paintings and prints. The dogs (breed specific) were all in martini glasses. Check out http://www.billmanart.com. As I was on my way to the Scottie Convention on Tuesday, I knew that I couldn't just buy one. So, I bought several to bring with and resell to those interested in the small prints.

While I was completing the transaction, my 5 year old niece and her mother were looking at the other dogs. She kept telling her mom that she also wanted a Scottie painting and her Mom said that she would see . . . that we had to look at all the booths first.

We spent the next couple of hours looking at other arts & crafts, doing the kid's art project and shopping at the other additional shops around the area.

This did not deter my niece, she knew what she wanted and she would have it.

On the way back to the car we stopped and got her a small print. She was so proud of her "first" Scottie collectible. I had previously given her a floppy Scottie dog and her grandmother is making her a Scottie quilt (her request several months earlier).

We then stopped by Michael's and got an art project. She picked a polymer clay project because it had a Scottie on the packaging. I was to help with the craft project, but she had to make the Scottie. Her brother and I were assigned a rabbit and a floppy dog (respectively).

So, I think we have the beginning of a life-long Scottie Collector.




No comments: